Pacifiers, pacifier, pacifier, Huppi. No matter how you call it, the pacifier accompanied the baby in the first years of life. Everything worth knowing, we have summarized here.
Sucking not only makes sick
Pacifiers soothe babies
A baby sucking reflex is innate. Already in the belly of the unborn baby sucking its thumb. And it is placed after the birth mother to breast, it instinctively seeks the nipple and begins to suck. Sucking ensures not only food intake, but does the same for the soul. Because while sucking the baby's hormones that have a calming effect and even promote digestion, the body produces.
A few things you should consider:
● If you offer the pacifier for the first time, tact is needed: If the pacifier introduced too soon, the negative impact can have on breastfeeding. It is best to give the Nucki until your baby a few weeks old.
● Later, the pacifier can delay language development: For if the tongue is only busy trying to keep the pacifier, pronunciation and articulation are beeinträchtigt.Und: The tongue can with pacifier not properly exercise swallowing. but they must be trained to transport fluids and food to the back.
● Up to the age you should try to wean your child's pacifier. The longer the Nucki is a constant companion and unquestioned, the more the child is used to it.
Pacifier not equal from birth
Dummies, teats or baby bottle can lead to so-called nipple confusion may. For the Saugtechniken at the breast and the bottle drinking differ:
➤ Breastfeeding the baby has to open his mouth wide to cover the entire areola. The lips are slipped forward, and the jaw have to work rhythmically.
➤ When sucking in vials or pacifier a baby need not be opened far the mouth and does not have much work with the jaw so that milk flows.
Engorgement, sore nipples, spitting Baby: What can you do for the most common breastfeeding problems.
Having a baby alternately bottles or pacifiers and the mother's breast, it may happen that it no longer surrounds the nipple properly with the lips, the mother feels pain during breastfeeding and does not come enough milk.
But: There is no reason to panic. Most babies have no problems with the change between pacifier / bottle and breast. It is important, if possible to do without in the first days of suction and deliver the pacifier until a later date. If any nipple confusion upfront, lactation consultants and midwives can often help. Only in rare cases, breastfeeding commutes not one.
Savior in emergencies - the pacifier
A pacifier is always okay, as long as it is not a permanent solution. So: Ringing the postman at the door and the baby cries must, of getting it to quickly calm down a pacifier. However, throughout the day, he should not get stuck in the mouth.
Asleep with breast or pacifier? Here are the ghosts. Some swear by frequent breastfeeding for calming. For good reason, because this has the great advantage that your baby is close to you and can fall asleep by physical proximity. But breastfeeding for calming can be quite exhausting and sometimes stressful for mothers - that's why they should never feel guilty if you bring a pacifier instead of breastfeeding. It's your choice - and you take out even the belly.
What pacifier form is the right thing?
To this question there is no "correct" or "not correct"Because every baby is different. Some babies spit orthodontic pacifier again, others take only this one form. Try it out and let your child decide.
Overview: Pacifier guide: info & Tips for Nuckel
- PAGE 1: Dummy Guides: info & Tips for Nuckel
- Page 2: Sometimes does not need the pacifier's